“An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
Financial terms and borrowing money can seem complicated, but knowing the basic terms and what to ask will help you find the right loan product for you. We at Citizens Savings & Loan want to help you obtain the knowledge you need to ask the right questions and find the best option for the money you want to borrow.
Please select any of the following categories that interest you. There are links to additional resources and websites included under each topic. We hope you find this information and these links helpful, but feel free to contact us or to reach out to any of our convenient locations nearest you.
General Credit Resources
- How Credit Scores Work
- Why Is My Credit Score Important?
- 5 Simple Ways to Boost Your Credit Score
- The Facts About Secured vs Unsecured Loans
- Understanding Credit Cards
- 12 Ways to Simplify Your Financial Life
- Protecting Your Financial Identity
- Protecting Yourself from Scams
- Managing Your Finances and Credit
- 8 Reasons Not to Borrow Money from Family Members
- What You Need to Know Before You Cosign
Bill and Debt Consolidation Resources
Car Loans Resources
- Buying and Financing a Car
- What You Need to Know About Auto Dealership Financing
- Do I need an Extended Warranty?
- Finance Your New Motorcycle with Citizens
- Finance Your New Boat with Citizens
- What is an Auto Repair Loan?
Personal Loans Resources
- What is a Personal Loan?
- 4 Common Reasons to Take Out a Personal Loan
- Taking Out Personal Loans in an Emergency
- Using Personal Loans to Finance Your Vacation
- Using Personal Loans for Holiday Expenses
- Using Personal Loans for Home Improvements and Renovations
- Getting a Personal Loan When You Have Bad Credit
- Sales Tax Holiday Loans
Establishing and Re-Establishing Credit Resources
More Credit Resources
- TransUnion (Click on the Credit Education Menu at the top of the page for more)
- American Financial Services Association (AFSA) Education Foundation
- Personal Loans 101: Understanding Personal Loans
- Personal Loans 101: Understanding Small Dollar Loans
- Personal Loans 101: Understanding Your Credit Risk
- Personal Loans 101: Understanding APR
- Personal Loans 101: Understanding Payment Protection Insurance
- The Consumer Almanac’s
- Understanding Vehicle Financing
- Consumer Budget Worksheet
- Auto Finanancing 101
- Annual Credit Report
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)